Saturday 11 August 2007

Take me to the fair



The County Fair. It's where you go to blow your money...I mean to see farm animals, ride rides, play games, look at the results of 4H (head, heart, hands, health) competitions, and EAT FOOD. The food part has been most important in the Bougie household.

Everyone has their special thing that they want to see or do when they go to the fair. I heard one kid chanting as he went by, "posters and t-shirts, posters and t-shirts." Josh wanted to find the mozzerella sticks. I wanted to see the rabbits.

All around its good fun. Unfortunately it was so hot, as it always is fair week. It felt like it was in the upper 90s with 90 percent humidity. Not even the downpour of rain while we were there cooled it off.


Gourds


Sculptured produce
Prettiest produce
Heaviest pumpkin


FOOD!
My favourite is the elephant ears: deep fried batter covered in cinnamon sugar.

Games


Livestock
The bleeting sheep reminded me of Scotland.

Rides

2 comments:

Strawberry said...

WOW, what great photos!!! You've got me all excited about summer in the US again!!! :D

Josh and Deliverance said...

I didn't even realise you were moving back! I have not been around the forum much.