Tuesday 21 August 2007

Banking

We went to the bank today to deposit some cash. Before we went we had this conversation:

Josh: Do I have my bank card on me? Yes, I do. (pause) How do you deposit money here?

Me: I don't think you need your card.

Josh: I don't think I do.

Me: I think there's a form you have to fill out. You need to put your account number on it. Be sure to bring your account number.

Josh: You're right. We have to fill out that form. Where's my account number...

Just one of those things that slips your mind when you haven't done it for 2 years. It was nice that the banks in the UK just had the bank card. Banks here require you to fill out a form with how much money you are depositing, the amount on each check you are depositing, the total amount you are depositing, your account number, your name and address, and your signature. Phew!

No comments: